14 Days of Fun for the Whole Family!
NOTE TO EDITORS: Construction of the village will be ramping up every day between from November 25 (except Thanksgiving) through opening day including the re-creation of Magic Mountain! Contact Amanda to get photos & video.
The second annual City of Rochester Roc Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank opens in just two weeks on Friday December 6 at 4 p.m. at MLK Park, 353 Court St. in downtown Rochester, NY.
Roc Holiday Village will present 14 days of family-friendly activities for people of all ages including a Shopping Village, Santa’s Workshop, free photos with Santa, free ice skating and ice events, holiday celebrations, live music, The Lodge Bar and Restaurant with rotating pop-restaurants, food trucks, free kids crafts, crafts classes for adults (tickets required) and more!
Select dates and time slots are available in the Igloo Inn (capacity up to 25 people) in the Rochester Regional Health Igloo Village. To reserve visit: rocholidayvillage.ticketspice.com/2-igloo-inn.
- Cozy Winter Igloos for 8 people sold out in two hours.
- Storytime with Santa, has also sold out.
New! Santa Text Express – Is there a line when you arrive to visit Santa? Not to worry. Leave your first name and cell number, enjoy the Village, and get a text from Santa when it’s your turn.
Liberty Pole Lighting & Parade to Roc Holiday Village
Saturday December 7
- 4:30 p.m. – Join Santa, Rudolph, Elves, and local sports team mascots as they greet kids at the Liberty Pole.
- 5 p.m. – Lighting of the Liberty Pole with Mayor Lovely Warren
- 5:10 p.m. – Family holiday parade from Liberty Pole to Roc Holiday Village at Dr. MLK Jr, Park
- 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. – Free crafts for kids inside the YMCA of Greater Rochester Gingerbread House
- 5:30-8:30 p.m. – Parade-goers enjoy all of the holiday festivities at Roc Holiday Village
Opening Day – Friday Hours
- Santa’s Workshop: 4 – 9 p.m.
- Village Shopping: 4 – 10 p.m.
- The Lodge Bar & Restaurant: 4 – 11 p.m.
- Ice Skating: 4 – 10 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop 11a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Village Shopping 11a.m. – 10 p.m.
- The Lodge Bar & Restaurant 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Ice Skating 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop 11am – 6 p.m.
- Village Shopping 11am – 6 p.m.
- The Lodge Bar & Restaurant 11a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Ice Skating 10 a.m – 6 p.m.
Roc Holiday Village Dates
- December 6, 7 & 8 (Fri, Sat, & Sun)
- December 13, 14, 15 (Fri, Sat, & Sun)
- December 19, 20, 21, 22 (Thur, Fri, Sat, & Sun)
- December 27, 28, 29 (Fri, Sat, & Sun)
- December 31, New Year’s Eve (Tue)
Free Activities & Special Events
- Santa’s Workshop – free Wegmans cookies, free Kodak Moments digital photos, send your letters to Santa!
- Ice skating + free rentals, first-come, first-served
- Special events on the ice
- Crafts for kids of all ages
- Petting Zoo & Nativity
- Hanukkah Celebration
- Kwanzaa celebration
- Christmas Celebration
- Three Kings’ Day Celebration
- Shop daily during the festival from more than 30 different vendors. Hours: Friday 4 p.m. – 10 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mini-maker markets featuring goods from artists, crafters, designers, DIYers, and confectioneries are Saturday, December 14th, 2 – 9:30 p.m. and Thursday, December 19, 4 – 9:30 p.m.
- Holidays at the Market – December 19, in collaboration with the Public Market District Business Association and Roc Holiday Village. Shuttles run between the Public Market and Roc Holiday Village continuous from 4:30 – 10: 30 p.m. Specials at all Market District restaurants and shops, horse-drawn wagon rides around the District and much more!
Food & Drinks
- The Anthony Butera Team at Keller Williams Lodge features a different pop-up restaurant each weekend dishing out casual eats plus drinks from the bar stocked with wine and beer from Rohrbach Brewing Company, Lake Beverage; Bronco Wine Co.; and Brotherhood Winery. Free live music on Friday and Saturday evenings. Counter-style service. No reservations needed. Marty’s Meats – Friday12/6 – Sun 12/8; Antonetta’s – Friday 12/13 – Sun 12/15; Veneto – Thursday 12/19 – Sun 12/22; ; AVVINO – Friday 12/27 – Sun 12/29; Native – Tuesday 12/3
- Food Vendors & Trucks – Duke’s Donuts, Roasted Chestnuts/Artichokes French, The Chai Guy, Tony Pepperoni, Wake Coffee, Karma’s Cruisin’ Cafe, Le Petit Poutine, Marty’s Meats, The Meatball Truck Co., Tom Wahl’s, and Rustic Taco Bar.
- Pups Meet Santa, December 11, 6 – 8:30 p.m. Buy tickets online, $25 + service charge
- Make Your Own Evergreen Wreath with Erie Way Flowers, December 8, 9 – 10:45 a.m., Buy tickets online, $45.00 + service charge
- Cookie Decorating With Scratch Bakeshop, December 15, 9 – 10:45 a.m., Buy tickets online, $52.00 + service charge
- Tabletop Holiday Centerpiece Making with Stacy K, December 22, 9 – 10:45 a.m., Buy tickets online, $55 + service charge
- Cake Decorating with Scratch Bakeshop, December 29, 9 – 10:45 a.m., Buy tickets online, $50.00 + service charge
- Igloo Inn – select dates and time slots available (capacity up to 25 people) in the Rochester Regional Health Igloo Village. To reserve visit: rocholidayvillage.ticketspice.com/2-igloo-inn.
- 8- Person Igloos (sold out)
- Storytime with Santa (sold out)