Village Open 10AM to 6PM; Breakfast with Santa Opens Today (sold out); Free Crafts for Kids in the Gingerbread House; Visit with Santa! Free Ice Skating! Buy a Kazoo and Help Camp Good Days! And More!
When you build it they will come! Thousands turned out for the opening day of the first City of Rochester Roc Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank to see the arrival of Santa and official tree lighting.
Day 2 opens today at 10 a.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park with free ice skating, shopping, visit with Santa in Santa’s Workshop, Breakfast with Santa (sold out), The Lodge pop-up restaurant and bar, and more!
Today’s Jolly Events – Sunday, December 2
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Free Ice Skating
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Village Shopping
- 10:00 –11:30 a.m. Breakfast with Santa in the Gingerbread House (ticketed/SOLD OUT)
- Noon – 6:00 p.m. Visit Santa’s Workshop – FREE
- Noon – 2:00 p.m. Brunch by pop-up restaurant AVVINO at the Lodge
- Noon – 6:00 p.m. Restaurant & Bar at The Lodge open
- 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. Crafts in the Gingerbread House – FREE
- Sundown – Lighting of the Hanukkah menorah
Roc Holiday Village Highlights
Ice Skating – FREE!
Skate time and skate rentals sponsored by Wegmans are free during Village hours: Fridays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. A limited number of skates are available for rent. Skaters are encouraged to bring their own if possible.
Santa’s Workshop – Visit with Santa – FREE!
Santa’s Workshop presented by IACKids and the Anthony Butera Team at Keller Williams Realty will be a magical experience taking kids and their families back in time while waiting to see Santa, Mrs. Claus and the elves.
- Photo with Santa Claus – Visit with Santa Claus and get a digital photo emailed for free. Take home a photo print for $5, which includes a donation to IACKids.
- Mrs. Claus’ Bakeshop – Cookies from Wegmans – Enjoy a free delicious cookie courtesy of Wegmans when you visit Santa’s Workshop.
- Santa’s Mailbox – Send Your Letters to Santa – Look for the big red Santa’s Mailbox just outside Santa’s Workshop to send letters to Santa.
- Santa’s Workshop Windows – On your way in to see Santa at Santa’s Workshop, don’t miss the four holiday window displays specially designed by Five Star Bank, the Democrat and Chronicle, Wegmans and 13WHAM Fox Rochester and The CW.
- Model Train Display – This expansive display features operating trains in four separate scenes, with many features that are familiar landmarks in the Rochester area. The display is on loan from Gallina Development, which, with the help of the Rochester Model Railroad Club, restored the model railroad display.
- Buy a Kazoo and Help Camp Good Days! We’re bringing back the tradition of selling kazoos at the end of the Visit Santa line! Kazoos and other toy instruments will be available to purchase with all proceeds going towards Camp Good Days!
Breakfast with Santa – All Breakfasts SOLD OUT!
Presented by MVP Health Care. Breakfasts start today Dec 2 inside the Rochester Regional Health Gingerbread House.
9:30 a.m. – Check-in opens.
10:00 a.m. – Storytime with Santa. Immediately following story time through 11:30 a.m. – Breakfast Buffet, Crafts, & Visit with Santa. Buffet includes pancakes, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, orange juice, apple juice, milk, chocolate milk, hot cocoa, coffee, muffins, and more!
Photo Experience – FREE!
Take a photo and share it on social media! Located outside of the Gingerbread House, capture the moments of the first of many visits to the Roc Holiday Village.
Lighting the Hanukkah Menorah – December 9 – FREE!
Hanukkah will be celebrated by lighting a 12-foot outdoor menorah, along with kosher food, music, and crafts, on the evening of Sunday, December 9. The menorah will be located on Court St.
Eat and Drink
The Lodge Restaurant & Bar & Igloos
AVVINO, Antonetta’s, Native Eatery & Bar, and Marty’s Meats will all rotate into the Lodge, a heated tent structure at Roc Holiday Village, each on a different weekend. Each pop-up restaurant will operate with counter-style service. The lodge’s interior is designed like a cozy ski lodge with plaid textiles, leather sofas, wrought iron furnishings, and wintery décor.
- AVVINO – Sunday, December 2
- Antonetta’s – Friday, December 7 to Sunday, December 9
- Native Eatery & Bar – Friday, December 15 to Sunday, December 17
- Marty’s Meats – Friday, December 21 to Sunday, December 23
Wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages will be served at The Lodge bar including beers from Three Heads Brewing, wines from Living Roots Wine & Co., and mulled wine provided by Heron Hill Winery. See website for complete selection at rocholidayvillage.com/the-lodge-restaurant-bar.
Restaurant and bar hours are Friday 4 to 11 p.m. Saturday, noon to 11 p.m. and Sunday noon to 6 p.m. Brunch will be served each Sunday from noon to 2 p.m. No reservations required.
Winter Igloos – SOLD OUT!
These geodesic domes, warm and cozy winter Igloos, will offer a sanctuary from the outdoor elements with a transparent view of the Village. Each is outfitted with comfy chairs, blankets, and pillows provided by West Elm. No more reservations are currently being accepted. If additional capacity becomes available, information will be posted at rocholidayvillage.com/winter-igloos.
Village-goers can enjoy free music from 8 to 11 p.m. every Friday and Saturday evening inside the Lodge.
- Nat King Cole Holiday Music Tribute by Sonic Era Entertainment – Friday, December 7
- Dana Wendel Quartet – Saturday, December 8
- John Akers – Friday, December 14
- Danny Ziemann Trio performing “A Charlie Brown Christmas” – Saturday, December 15
- Stephen Morris Quartet – Friday, December 21 and Saturday, December 22
Retail vendors in the Village include Bentley Bros (tools & toys), BurningBus (artwork), Eastside Dog Services (dog items), Graphic Rats (tie-dye), Jazzy Jems Expo (jewelry), Jewelry Queen Accessories (jewelry), Karan Bonomo Studios (artwork), KB White Farm (soaps), Laughing Goat Fiber (wearables), Paparazzi Accessories (jewelry), Stacy K Floral (wearables & housewares), The Strong Naional Museum of Play (toys), Urban Wildflower (clothing), and Warehouse 127 (housewares).
Food vendors in the Village include Dukes Donuts, Hallelujah Royal Heritage Tea, the Meatball Truck, CinnaRoast (roasted chestnuts), Taste of Supreme Bakery, and Wake Coffee. Hot chocolate will be served by Dukes Donuts, Tony Pepperoni, and Wake Coffee. Haddad’s street vending will be set up adjacent to the ice skating rink, and another hotdog and hamburger cart will be nearby the Village shopping. Water and soda will also be available.
Mini Maker Markets – December 8 and December 15
Local crafters, DIYers, confectioners, and entrepreneurs will set up shop for two days, on Saturday, December 8 and Saturday, December 15 from 2 to 8 p.m. in the “Rochester Regional Health Gingerbread House” tent.
Makers include MansaWear, LuLaRoe, LaZanas Botique, Laughing Gull Chocolates, Cha Cha Cha Joy, Sweet & Cute Sweets, GG Bakes Inc., Wholestory Collective, Impact Earth, Love Light, Beauty by Bridget, Peacock Printing, Usborne Books, Wolf Den Quilts, and more!
Applications to be a Mini Maker are still being accepted and can be submitted online at rocholidayvillage.com/mini-maker-markets.
The Roc Holiday Village Merchandise tent will sell chocolates by Stever’s Candies, fiberoptic LED wands, glow necklaces, snowflake spin wands, hand warmers (HotHands), the official Roc Holiday Village 2018 commemorative postcard, mugs and ornaments.
Village hours are Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Parking, Map, First Aid, and Info
The Village does not operate any parking but there are surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located nearby. Metered street parking will be available as well as area parking garages. More information can be found online at rocholidayvillage.com/getting-around.
First Aid Tent by Rochester Regional Health
Members of Rochester Regional Health’s experienced nursing staff will be in the First Aid tent each day located in the Shopping Village during Village hours.