Construction Underway—Bigger Footprint and Three New Igloos Added!
Rochester, NY — Nov. 1, 2022 — Roc Holiday Village Cozy Winter Igloo tickets go on sale this Saturday, November 5 at 10 a.m. online at rocholidayvillage.com.They can be booked online for 90-minute increments for $180 plus taxes and fees. The festival’s footprint will be expanded by 15% to accommodate three additional Igloos bringing the total number of Igloos available to 10. This year’s Igloo Village will have the most available time slots ever. The Igloo Village is sponsored by Samson Fuel.
Each transparent dome-covered lounge is available to book for six people comfortably or eight people cozily and is furnished with stylish and cozy chairs, blankets, and pillows, and offers bar service. Additional food and drink options are available for purchase in advance during the checkout process.
Roc Holiday Village’s new ticketing system allows customers to hold the booking for 10 minutes during the checkout process. To complete Cozy Igloo ticket purchases, customers may sign up for a free account with the new system, run by Tock. The popular Igloos sold out in less than 20 minutes in 2021.
To purchase Cozy Winter Igloo tickets visit rocholidayvillage.com/winter-igloos.
The large Igloo Inns that hold between 30 to 40 people are sold out.
The fourth annual City of Rochester Roc Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank opens at 4 p.m. Friday, December 2 through December 23 for 16 days of free family-friendly fun at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park in downtown Rochester.
Wednesday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Triple-O Lodge Bar
Wednesday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Thursday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Free Ice Skating & Rentals
Wednesday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Thursday 4 p.m.to 10 p.m.
Friday 4 p.m.to 10 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Shopping Village & Gingerbread House
Wednesday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Highlights & What’s New in 2022
- Live reindeer will make an appearance on Sunday, December 18 from 2 to 4 p.m. and will be led around the Village for photo ops.
- “Frosty’s Food Court” will take over Court St., which will be closed to traffic during operating hours. All food will be located outside on the street and in the Village Shopping.
- Anna and Elsa, Disney’s Frozen characters, will meet and greet guests on Saturday, December 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in The Triple-O Lodge.
- Hot cocoa and coffee bar will be available inside The Triple-O Lodge where guests can purchase specialty drinks and baked goods.
- Lantern Parade will debut during the City of Rochester’s Lighting of the Liberty Pole event on December 3 at 5 p.m. in partnership with Downtown Definitely where community members can make their own festive lanterns and carry their lit creations while participating in the popular family parade to Roc Holiday Village.
- Santa’s Workshop is back for the first time since 2019 featuring free visits and photos with Santa, free cookies courtesy of Wegmans, Santa Text Express means no waiting in line. When guests arrive, they can provide their name and number and will receive a text when it’s their turn with Santa. Plus, Kids can also Mail Letters to Santa. Letters received by Sunday, December 11 will receive a reply (be sure to provide your address)! Santa’s Workshop is sponsored by Fidelis Care.
- Candy Shoppe to purchase sweet treats will be located outside in the Village at Santa’s Gift Shoppe.
- Outdoor seating is back with the addition of an outdoor bar. Guests can meet up with friends and warm up around the fire pits with their beverages of choice. Outdoor seating is sponsored by Vida.
- Explore the Village with a new scavenger hunt, adventure map, and photo quest. Sponsored GreenSpark Solar.
- Ice rink theme days will include Ugly Sweater Day on Saturday, December 10, and Jersey Day on Sunday, December 18 where participants will be eligible to win free a Cozy Igloo booking.
Even More Free Events & Activities This Year!
Ice skating and skate rentals presented by Wegmans
Ryan Callahan Foundation Skill Competition for kids ages 10 to 16. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Sign up online by visiting rocholidayvillage.com/ryan-callahan-foundation-ice-hockey-event.
Curling Demonstration and Instruction presented by Rochester Curling Club on Saturday, December 17 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sled hockey demonstration presented by Rochester Sled Hawks on Saturday, December 17 from 4 to 6 p.m.
Amerks spin and win on Saturday, December 3 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Amerks Scoro Contest and Moose appearance on Sunday, December 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Live music on The Buckingham Properties Stage inside The Triple-O Lodge
Carolers in and around The Village
Crafts for kids inside the Gingerbread House presented by Goldfish Swim School, Girl Scouts of Western New York, Boy Scouts of America Seneca Waterways Council, Home Depot, and Macaroni Kid.
Holiday celebrations include Kwanzaa on Sunday, December 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Hanukkah on December 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Three Kings’ Day on Saturday, December 17 from 3 to 8 p.m.; and Christmas on Sunday, December 18 from 12:30 to 6 p.m.
Bar Karaoke is back after its popular debut in 2021. Singers will take the Buckingham Properties Stage inside The Triple-O Lodge every Wednesday evening along with a live band.
More Shopping and Eating in The Village
Shop, eat and drink from more than 20 retail vendors; a complete list of retailers will be posted online at rocholidayvillage.com in November
Shop Roc Holiday Village official merchandise, one-of-a-kind keepsakes and collector items.
Mini Makers Market featuring local artists, crafters, designers, DIYers, and confectioneries will sell their goods on Wednesday, December 14 from 4 to 9 p.m.
Frosty’s Food Court – Food Trucks on Court St. a rotation of four food trucks and vendors will be located outside on Court St. Outdoor picnic table seating will be available. The lineup of food offerings will be announced at a later date.
The Triple-O Lodge – The indoor heated tent will feature a bar with wine, beer, hard cider, hard seltzer, mulled wine, and sparkling wine from the bar. Free live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings on the Buckingham Properties Stage will feature local musicians. Plus, Bar Karaoke will take place every Wednesday evening. The addition of a new cocoa and coffee bar will debut at this year’s event.
Parking – Roc Holiday Village does not operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located nearby. Metered parking will be available on area streets, plus at the Washington Square Garage, Allpro Parking Garage at the Five Star Bank Building, Court Street Garage, Midtown Garage, and Fairway Parking. Court St. between Chestnut St. and Manhattan Square Dr. will be closed to thru traffic during the hours when the Village is open. Parking is available in The Strong’s Parking Garage, which may be accessed off of Howell Street, at the daily parking rate for non-museum visitors of $10. For more information on parking visit rocholidayvillage.com/getting-around.
About Roc Holiday Village
Roc Holiday Village is Rochester, New York’s favorite, magical winter festival! Delighting people of all ages, Roc Holiday Village 2022 will present 16 days of enchanting festivities on varying dates from December 2 to December 23. The downtown festival features outdoor seating and fire pits, free ice skating and skate rentals, a unique shopping village, an indoor bar with tasty food and drinks, free visits with Santa, hand-crafted goods, cozy winter igloos, free crafts for kids, holiday celebrations, live music, private events, nightlife and more. In its third year in 2021, Roc Holiday Village drew more than 100,000 people of all ages to the heart of downtown Rochester at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Memorial Park. 2022 will be Roc Holiday Village’s fourth year. It is produced by Rochester natives Jenna Manetta Knauf, owner of Bella Events Group; Kelli Marsh, owner of Kelli Marsh photography; and Sean McCarthy, owner of McCarthy Tents & Events and Nolan’s Rentals Inc.