Vendor Applications Now Being Accepted, Private Parties Available by Reservation, and Postcard Contest Being Held
Rochester, NY–October 17, 2018–City of Rochester Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank– the inaugural event offering family-friendly activities including Santa’s workshop, free ice skating, breakfast with Santa, food, shopping and more for 11 days in December – is now selling tickets for Breakfast with Santa presented by MVP Health Care.
Breakfast with Santa will be located in the cozy “Gingerbread House” tent at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park at Manhattan Square (353 Court St.). The dates and hours are from 9:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday December 2, Saturday December 8, Sunday December 9, Sunday December 16, and Sunday December 23. *Saturday December 15 is SOLD OUT.
Breakfast with Santa Program
- 9:15 a.m. – Doors open for check-in
- 10:00 a.m. – Storytime with Santa
- Immediately following story time to 11:30 a.m. – Breakfast buffet, crafts with MVP Health Care, and visits with Santa
- Buffet includes pancakes, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, orange juice, apple juice, milk, chocolate milk, hot cocoa, coffee, muffins, and more.
Breakfast with Santa Tickets
- $35 general admission – includes 1 adult plus 2 children up to 10 years old
- $8 each additional child
- $12 each additional child 10 to 15 years old
- $15 each additional adult
- Children 2 and under free
- Purchase online at rocholidayvillage.com/breakfast-with-santa
Roc Holiday Village is holding a competition open to all artists to create a unique postcard depicting the holiday season in Rochester. Deadline to enter is November 7, 2018. Rules, guidelines, and the application entry form can be found online at the Roc Holiday Village website.
Call for Vendors
Applications to be a vendor in the Village are now being accepted. Apply online at Roc Holiday Village website. Booth space ranges from $1,000 to $2,000 based on size and location. Booths sizes range from 10 by 10-feet to 10 by 20-feet open-air tents.
Reserve Space for Private Events
Reservations are now being accepted for a flat rate of $1,000, which includes seating for up to 125 people, or cocktail-style setup for up to 175 people and featuring a view overlooking the Village, private restrooms, holiday decorations, overhead music, and table linens. Catering and beverage packages are available at additional charge. To reserve space and for more Information on packages and pricing call or email Jenna at (585) 943-0796 or email@example.com.
Roc Holiday Village Highlights –
Opening Ceremonies are Saturday, December 1
Roc Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank opens December 1 at 4 p.m. in conjunction with the lighting of the Liberty Pole at Liberty Pole Way. Santa will make his way from the Liberty Pole to Roc Holiday Village for a tree lighting ceremony, followed by free ice skating, visits with Santa, live music and crafts for the kids.
Hanukkah will be celebrated by lighting an outdoor menorah, plus music, food, and crafts on the evening of Sunday, December 9.
Weekend activities throughout December will include visits with Santa, free ice skating, Breakfast with Santa, music and entertainment, crafting classes, food, shopping, and more. Many events will be free and visiting the general village will be free and open to the public.
Santa’s Workshop presented by IACKids and the Anthony Butera Team at Keller Williams Realty
- Travel through “Santa’s Workshop” – a magical experience – while waiting to see Santa, Mrs. Claus, and his elves.
- Visit with Santa Claus and have your picture taken (free) every night of Holiday Village.
- Go back in time and have your photo taken next to the original Midtown Monorail (not operational due to its age) and enjoy photos of the former Midtown Magic Mountain, and other City of Rochester holiday experiences from that era.
- Tree lighting December 1 at 5:30 p.m.
- Free ice skating and skate rentals presented by Wegmans (Hours are opening day Saturday, December 1st 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sundays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Other activities on the ice
- Santa’s Workshop and visit with Santa
- Photo opportunities
- Music & entertainment
- Light show
- Mini-makers fair
Holiday Shopping and Eating
- Shop from more than 20 retail vendors
- Enjoy a variety of food and drinks from local vendors
- A pop-up restaurant will rotate between four local restaurants – a different restaurant each weekend – with counter-style service.
- Full-service bar open
Parking will be available on area streets, in the Washington Square Garage, the Central Parking System Garage at 100 Chestnut St. in the Five Star Bank Building and other areas parking garages.
For information on sponsorships, collecting toys for kids, and scheduling private events, contact Jenna at (585) 943-0796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors include the City of Rochester, Five Star Bank, Wegmans, Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester Regional Health, 13WHAM, FOX Rochesterand The CW, IAC Kids, The Anthony Butera Team, Catenary Construction Corp., MVP Health Care, Mason Digital, Kids Out and About, Marsh Construction Services, Inc., Roc Kids Smile, Bella Events Group, and McCarthy Tents & Events.