Construction Begins October 25 – Cozy Igloo Tickets on Sale November 5 at 10 AM
Rochester, NY — Oct. 11, 2022 —The fourth annual City of Rochester Roc Holiday Village presented by Five Star Bank opens at 4 p.m. Friday, December 2 through December 23 for 16 days of free family-friendly fun at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park in downtown Rochester.
Co-founders, Jenna Manetta-Knauf, Kelli Marsh, and Sean McCarthy announced details of the popular holiday festival at a news conference today.
Since its start in 2018, Roc Holiday Village welcomes more than 100,000 people of all ages for holiday magic annually.
Saturday, December 3 at 5:00 p.m., the annual Liberty Pole Lighting will include a new Lantern Parade to Roc Holiday Village held in conjunction with the City of Rochester and Downtown Definitely. More details about the Lantern Parade will be announced at a later date.
The event continues Sunday, December 4; Wednesday, December 7; Thursday, December 8; Friday, December 9; Saturday, December 10; Sunday, December 11; Wednesday, December 14; Thursday, December 15; Friday, December 16; Saturday, December 17; Sunday, December 18; Wednesday, December 21; Thursday, December 22; and wraps up on Friday, December 23.
Village hours will be Wednesdays and Thursdays 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The bar will be open for an extended hour until 10 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, and 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
The ice rink will be open weather permitting on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 4 to 10 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Santa’s Workshop will be open Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m; Saturdays 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“We’re excited and grateful to bring this event back to the community bigger and better than ever. Last year we had to make some necessary adjustments due to the pandemic, but this year we are so happy to be able to add new elements and bring back familiar favorites such as Santa’s Workshop,” said co-founders, Manetta-Knauf, Marsh, and McCarthy. “We’re so thankful to all of our sponsors and partners that help us offer so many free and festive activities so that anyone can attend and have fun.”
“Roc Holiday Village has become one of Downtown Rochester’s signature
events and is an inclusive holiday destination for all,” said Mayor Malik D. Evans. “The City of Rochester is thrilled to sponsor another year of the Roc Holiday Village. I urge everyone to come Downtown this December and celebrate the season at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park!”
“Roc Holiday Village has grown into a wonderful event that shines a light on Rochester’s vibrant downtown,” said Five Star Bank President and CEO Martin K. Birmingham. “As a community bank, we are committed to creating measurable impacts and helping our communities thrive. Roc Holiday Village enriches our community, provides holiday fun for people of all ages and supports our valued local businesses. That’s why Five Star Bank has been proud to serve as presenting sponsor since its inception in 2018.”
Cozy Winter Igloo tickets go on sale Saturday, November 5 at 10 a.m.
The Igloo Village will feature seven Cozy Igloos available to book for private parties and events for up to eight people each. Each geodesic dome-covered lounge has a view of the Village, is furnished with stylish and cozy chairs, blankets, and pillows, and offers bar service.
Cozy Winter Igloo tickets go on sale Saturday, November 5 at 10 a.m. online at rocholidayvillage.com. They can be booked online for 90-minute increments for $180 plus taxes and fees. Additional food and drink options are available for purchase in advance during the checkout process. Roc Holiday Village’s new ticketing system allows customers to hold the booking for 10 minutes during the checkout process. To complete Cozy Igloo ticket purchases, customers may sign up for a free account with the new system, run by Tock. Igloos sold out in less than 20 minutes in 2021.
Highlights & What’s New
- Live reindeer will make an appearance on Sunday, December 18 from 2 to 4 p.m. and will be led around the Village for photo ops.
- All food will be located outside in the Village Shopping and “Frosty’s Food Court” on Court St. which will be closed to traffic during operating hours.
- Frozen’s popular Anna and Elsa characters will meet and greet people on Saturday, December 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in The Triple-O Lodge.
- A new cocoa and coffee bar will be available inside The Triple-O Lodge where guests can purchase warm beverages and baked goods.
- In partnership with the City of Rochester and Downtown Definitely, a Lantern Parade will debut on December 3 at 5 p.m. where community members can make their own festive lanterns and carry their lit creations while participating in the popular holiday parade.
- Santa’s Workshop is back for the first time since 2019 featuring free visits and photos with Santa, free cookies courtesy of Wegmans, and a new candy shoppe to purchase sweet treats. Santa Text Express means no waiting in line. When guests arrive, they can provide their name and number and will receive a text when it’s their turn with Santa. Plus, Kids can also Mail Letters to Santa. Letters received by Sunday, December 11 will receive a reply (be sure to provide your address)!
- Outdoor seating is back with the addition of an outdoor bar. Guests can meet up with friends and warm up around the fire pits with their beverages of choice.
- Have fun exploring the Village at our free scavenger hunt, with an adventure map, and photo quest. Details will be posted to the website and more information will be available from Santa’s Gift Shoppe in the Shopping Village.
- Ice rink theme days will include Ugly Sweater Day on Saturday, December 10, and Jersey Day on Sunday, December 18 where participants will be eligible to win free a Cozy Igloo booking.
Even More Free Events & Activities This Year!
- Ice skating and skate rentals presented by Wegmans
- Ryan Callahan Foundation Skill Competition for kids ages 10 to 16. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Sign up online by visiting rocholidayvillage.com.
- Curling Demonstration and Instruction presented by Rochester Curling Club on Saturday, December 17 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sled hockey demonstration presented by Rochester Sled Hawks on Saturday, December 17 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Amerks spin and win on Saturday, December 3 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Amerks Scoro Contest and Moose appearance on Sunday, December 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Live music on The Buckingham Properties Stage inside The Triple-O Lodge
- Carolers in and around The Village
- Crafts for kids inside the Gingerbread House presented by Goldfish Swim School, Girl Scouts of Western New York, Home Depot, and Macaroni Kid.
- Holiday celebrations include Kwanzaa on Sunday, December 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Hanukkah on December 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Three Kings’ Day on Saturday, December 17 from 3 to 8 p.m.; and Christmas on Sunday, December 18 from 12:30 to 6 p.m.
- Bar Karaoke is back after its popular debut in 2021. Singers will take the Buckingham Properties Stage inside The Triple-O Lodge every Wednesday evening along with a live band.
More Shopping and Eating in The Village
- Shop, eat and drink from more than 20 retail vendors; a complete list of retailers will be posted online at rocholidayvillage.com in November
- Shop Roc Holiday Village official merchandise, one-of-a-kind keepsakes and collector items.
- Mini Makers Market featuring local artists, crafters, designers, DIYers, and confectioneries will sell their goods on Wednesday, December 14 from 4 to 9 p.m.
Frosty’s Food Court – Food Trucks on Court St. a rotation of four food trucks and vendors will be located outside on Court St. Outdoor picnic table seating will be available. The lineup of food offerings will be announced at a later date.
The Triple-O Lodge – The indoor heated tent will feature a bar with wine, beer, hard cider, hard seltzer, mulled wine, and sparkling wine from the bar. Free live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings on the Buckingham Properties Stage will feature local musicians. Plus, Bar Karaoke will take place every Wednesday evening. The addition of a new cocoa and coffee bar will debut at this year’s event.
Private events can be booked for large parties in the The Lodge for up to 200 people or in the large igloos – Igloo Inns – that hold between 30 to 40 people. Both private settings offer additional catering options. To book a private event, contact Jenna Manetta-Knauf by email at email@example.com.
Roc Holiday Village does not operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located nearby. Metered parking will be available on area streets, plus at the Washington Square Garage, Allpro Parking Garage at the Five Star Bank Building, Court Street Garage, Midtown Garage, and Fairway Parking. Court St. between Chestnut St. and Manhattan Square Dr. will be closed to thru traffic during the hours when the Village is open.
About Roc Holiday Village
Roc Holiday Village is Rochester, New York’s favorite, magical winter festival! Delighting people of all ages, Roc Holiday Village 2022 will present 16 days of enchanting festivities on varying dates from December 2 to December 23. The downtown festival features outdoor seating and fire pits, free ice skating and skate rentals, a unique shopping village, an indoor bar with tasty food and drinks, free visits with Santa, hand-crafted goods, cozy winter igloos, free crafts for kids, holiday celebrations, live music, private events, nightlife and more. In its third year in 2021, Roc Holiday Village drew more than 100,000 people of all ages to the heart of downtown Rochester at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Memorial Park. 2022 will be Roc Holiday Village’s fourth year. It is produced by Rochester natives Jenna Manetta Knauf, owner of Bella Events Group; Kelli Marsh, owner of Kelli Marsh photography; and Sean McCarthy, owner of McCarthy Tents & Events and Nolan’s Rentals Inc.