Presented in partnership with
Friday, December 21
4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Join us along with the Rochester Kwanzaa Coalition for a Kwanzaa Community Celebration!
- 4:00 – 5:45 p.m. Make Your Own African Mask with local artist Shawn Dunwoody
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. Step Show dance performance and African drumming
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Kwanzaa Ceremony led by the Rochester Kwanzaa Coalition with drummers, dancers, and storytelling with Reuben Tapp who will read Anansi tales
- 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. Tamshi la Tutaonana (The Farewell Statement)
- 8:00 – 9:30 p.m. Movie screening of “The Black Candle” (watch the trailer here) in the Rochester Regional Health Gingerbread House